Dev Operations Engineer
Levels Beyond is seeking a DevOps Engineer to provide overall management for the provisioning, configuration, deployment, support and integrity of each environment within the company, and for our customers.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Lead, design, plan, configure, implement, provide training for, manage and support the CI and SCM processes within the company. This includes the development of the processes, roles, skills, tools, designs, reporting requirements, audits, management and overall release of all software artifacts into each environment managed by the company.
- Design and deliver the SCM and CI processes across the server-based computing platforms, security methodologies, network resource sharing, networking protocols, network access methods, security devices / appliances and the installation, configuration and support of on-premises and cloud-based environments.
- Management of the source code repository and overall process and policies used for access and management.
- Define and manage all build systems and release artifact environments for each of the various products and platforms each supports.
- Proactively research, recommend and implement improvements and solutions to the SCM build and release processes.
- Effectively manage their own day-to-day tasks / activities and work within a team to effectively meet the deliverables and schedule of an enterprise-wide, software development project.
- Be able to clearly communicate, in verbal and written forms, complex technical designs and solutions in clear, concise and easily readable format by both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Accurately track and manage project task, activity, documentation, and time information as necessary.
- Accurately assess the risks associated with each solution, design and project.
- Support the development of team members from a professional and technical level.
- Be able to travel as necessary.
- Perform additional job-related duties as requested.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Experience with automation provisioning solutions such as: Chef, Ansible, or Puppet
- Strong experience with scripting, writing code, and working with XML Configuration files
- Strong experience in SCM processes and tools, specifically with deploying and integrating custom software applications.
- Strong source code control management experience with Git (Github is a plus)
- Experience with a continuous integration system preferrably: Jenkins, and CircleCi
- Strong experience in cloud technologies, preferably with AWS
- Experience in defining and implementing testing, quality assurance, release, and build control application & processes
- Working knowledge of server-based computing platforms (i.e. hardware, operating system, software, virtualization technology / strategies, etc.), networking devices (i.e. switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, etc.) and the design and delivery processes, methodologies and their direct implementation to solid, robust solutions
- Systems and networking skills, debugging and testing skills, troubleshooting skills and experience with Linux-based and Windows-based operating systems, services, applications, databases, environments and architectures
- Experience in Internet-based technology, services and strategies (i.e. web servers, DNS, firewalls, etc.
- Experience in Distributed Storage Solutions and Technologies (SAN, NAS, SMB, NFS, CIFS)
- Experience in Directory Services and SSO Technologies (LDAP, Ping, OKTA, SAML)
- Experience in Containerized Technologies (Docker, Vagrant, VMWare)
- Strong Experience in Linux Administration & Linux Package Management (build, upgrade, host, deploy)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in documentation, reporting and knowledge management systems
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
Education / Experience
A successful DevOps candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related Engineering field, AND
- At least five years of direct experience working in software build / release environments
- Experience in an agile work environment
- Experience with an OOP language (i.e. C++, Java, C#)
- Team Lead Experience
- Transcoding Technology Experience
- Digital/Media Asset Management Experience