The Scrum Master is responsible for the overall team planning and implementation activities for one or more agile software development teams within the agile software development methodology. They are also responsible for ensuring final deliverables of the team meet all of the intended needs of the business, product and customer. You will work in a high energy, rewarding, challenging and fun environment, and work with cross-functional teams who are hard-working, dedicated, enthusiastic and capable of quickly learning new technologies and applying them to solve real business problems.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Functionally lead software development teams to deliver the product / software of the Company to include: development and management of all of the agile artifacts (i.e. storyboard, backlog, etc.), ensure that individual deliverables are met as a part of each agile sprint / release, manage the expectations of all stakeholders, manage the external team relationships as necessary (i.e. product, project delivery), communicate and coordinate the daily activities of the team, and provide feedback to team members.
- Provide the overall planning activities of the team: agile sprint plan, resource assignment and management, time management (activities and story planning), communications, risk management, QA and testing, and end user testing and training.
- Provide the administration and implementation of the Jira toolset for multiple teams.
- Develop metrics with engineering leadership for the teams and implement continuous improvement efforts in their achievement.
- Be involved upfront in all requirements gathering and analysis efforts: pre-grooming, sprint grooming, analytical techniques, interview techniques, data gathering techniques, current system documentation, business modeling methods, business process, rules and logic, data gathering to solve complex issues, development of implementation plans, development of requirements, JAD sessions and key analytical troubleshooting.
- Assist in the development and implementation of test plans / scenarios to ensure successful delivery of each sprint and release.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Accurately determine, assign, track and manage task, activity, documentation, time information per internal standards.
- Accurately assess the risks associated with each solution design / story / sprint / release.
- Support the development of team members from a professional and technical level.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Be able to travel as necessary.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough working knowledge of the SDLC models / methodologies, IT systems, and their direct implementation to projects, specifically Agile methodologies.
- Strong team leadership / management skills with software development projects.
- Ability to lead technical personnel through the delivery of software development projects.
- Strong business and systems analysis skills, test planning and testing skills, troubleshooting skills and experience with numerous environments and architectures.
- Experience with a variety of agile methodologies including Scrum, Lean, SAFe, and Kanban.
- Ability to apply common, object-oriented modeling techniques, including UML, use case, activity and sequence diagrams, as necessary, in the pre-grooming and grooming processes.
- Experience in analysis, data gathering and facilitation techniques.
- Experience with story / sprint / overall software requirements management, use case and modeling tools.
- Strong planning, decision making, problem solving skills / experience and analytical with software development projects.
- Attention to detail skills through prior experience at the strategic and tactical / implementation levels.
- Ability to learn new skills (technical, operational & interpersonal) throughout previous, current and new roles.
- Ability to coach, mentor and train personnel within a technical organization.
- U.S. Citizen / Green Card required.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, AND
- At least 3 (three) years of relevant experience in agile team management / project management with software development projects, OR
- Relevant combination of education and experience.
- Optional / Preferred – Scrum Master certification (CSM, SCM, ASM, or PMI-ACP)
Please submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position you are applying for in the subject line.