At Levels Beyond, we are looking for a Senior Project Manager (SPM) to be responsible for the overall project management and planning activities for projects and all client facing business needs (i.e. technical, operational, economical), including the requirements and analysis phase for a client onboarding and implementation. The SPM ensures that the final deliverable of the project meets all of the intended needs of the business (i.e. on-time, on-budget, per requirements), both Levels Beyond and the customer. We have created a high energy, rewarding, challenging and invigorating environment, and are looking for individuals who are hard-working, dedicated, enthusiastic and capable of quickly learning new technologies and applying them to solve real business problems with the overall intent to delight clients by meeting and exceeding expectations in all aspects.
The SPM will hold a senior role within the Operations department and is a key resource for members of the project management team as well as all other departments in the company. The Senior Project Manager will be an invaluable resource for proprietary and industry knowledge, long-lasting client relationship expertise, and providing guidance to senior management on departmental decisions.
The successful candidate will need to be able to manage an application development delivery project, deliver a solid set of requirements artifacts (i.e. statement of work, project plan, WBS, etc.), understand the project standards, and maintain detailed and accurate documentation per all project standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES:
- Develop, manage and lead various-sized projects to include: development and management of project plans, define and deliver individual project deliverables as a part of the overall program / project deliverables, manage the expectations of all stakeholders, manage all project relationships, manage internal and external project teams in delivering the projects, communicate and manage tasks and activities to a schedule with the team, and provide feedback to team members as appropriate
- Effectively manage project efforts, to include: project plan, scope, budget, resource management, time management (activities & task planning), communications, risk management, QA and testing, user training, ongoing maintenance and support
- Perform requirements gathering and analysis to include: analytical techniques, interview techniques, data gathering techniques, current system documentation, business modeling methods, business process, rules and logic, data gathering to solve complex issues, development of implementation plans, development of requirements, and key analytical troubleshooting
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during project delivery.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications
- Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project tasks, activities, documentation, and time information per internal standards
- Accurately assess the risks associated with each solution design / project
- Support the development of team members from a professional and technical level
- Effectively manage multiple priorities
- Establish and document new processes to enable the project management team and operations department to run as efficiently as possible
- Fully train and onboard new project managers and ensure they adhere to the standards established for project management at Levels Beyond
- Own the end-to-end project management process and best practices
- Create and update metrics around which the project management team can be evaluated and improved
- Be able to travel as necessary (post Covid), and perform additional job-related duties as requested
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Thorough working knowledge of the SDLC models / methodologies (specifically agile, but also waterfall), IT systems, and their direct implementation to projects
- Strong project management skills with software development / delivery projects
- Leadership and management skills in leading technical personnel through the delivery of software development / delivery projects
- Strong business and systems analysis skills, test planning and testing skills, troubleshooting skills and experience with numerous environments and architectures
- Experience with requirements management, use case and modeling tools
- Strong decision making / problem solving skills and experience with software development / delivery projects
- Experience with applying and general knowledge of various analysis and gathering approaches, methodologies and models
- Demonstrated leadership and attention to detail skills through prior experience at the strategic and tactical / implementation levels
- Ability to learn new skills (technical, operational & interpersonal) throughout previous, current and new roles
- Ability to coach, mentor and train personnel within a technical organization
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solid results within an engineering environment, particularly with respect to personal ownership, accountability and meeting business goals and personal metrics
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a salary-based position with a pay range expected between 90k - 130k annually, based on experience and skill set, plus equity in the company (pay for other locations may vary). Levels Beyond strongly values diversity and drive. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team to make smart decisions. We value both strong independent work as well as collaborative group efforts.
- 15 Vacation Days annually
- 6 Sick Days annually
- 3 Floating Holidays annually
- Company subsidized health, dental, vision insurance
- 401(k) with up to 5% company match
- Life and disability insurance