Senior Software Engineer (Remote Workers Highly Desirable)
As a Senior Software Engineer you will lead and work on our on-premises and cloud computing platforms, responsible for designing and implementing computer systems that support our enterprise-level, n-tiered applications, including core RESTful services and Big Data platforms. This person will need to be able to not only understand server systems and networking principles, but also UI/UX concepts and be familiar with building modern HTML5 web interfaces. Also, should have experience with modern project planning methodologies like Agile or Kanban and be able to deliver solid, robust solutions, and testing processes to develop and implement solid test plans to accurately test the solutions and to maintain detailed and accurate documentation. We have created a high energy, rewarding, challenging and fun environment, and are looking for engineers who are hard-working, dedicated, enthusiastic and capable of quickly learning new technologies and applying them to solve real business problems. We highly value and desire remote workers for this role. Anywhere in the United States. Would involve initial training in Denver and then one trip per quarter.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Design and delivery ofUI solutions that support our platform, server-based computing platforms, security methodologies, network resource sharing, networking protocols, network access methods, security devices / appliances and the installation, configuration and support of on-premises and cloud-based environments.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
- Effectively manage their own day-to-day tasks / activities and lead / work within a team to effectively meet the deliverables and schedule of an enterprise-wide, software development project.
- Clearly communicate, in verbal and written forms, complex technical designs and solutions in a clear, concise manner that is easily readable by both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Track and manage project task, activity, documentation, and time information as necessary.
- Assess the risks associated with each solution design / project.
- Support the development of team members from a professional and technical level.
- Be able to travel as necessary.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Thorough working knowledge of server-based computing platforms (i.e. hardware, operating system, software, virtualization technology / strategies, etc.), networking devices (i.e. switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, etc.) and the design and delivery processes, methodologies and their direct implementation to solid, robust solutions.
- Strong systems and networking skills, debugging and testing skills, troubleshooting skills and experience with Linux-based and
- Windows-based operating systems, services, applications, databases, environments and architectures.
- Strong design and implementation experience with network technologies, specifically Linux operating systems and applications
- Dev and execution experience in server / network implementation plans that include alerting, monitoring and response features.
- Experience developing and executing HTML5 UIs using modern frameworks such as Angular, ReactJS, or VueJS
- Experience in Internet-based technology, services and strategies (i.e. web servers, DNS, firewalls, etc).
- Evaluating customer and product requirements within an agile and fluid environment.
- Experience with unit testing tools and profiling tools.
- Experience or understanding of multiple application architectures, including cloud technologies.
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills (i.e. design, debugging and testing).
- Demonstrated attention to detail skills through prior experience at the tactical / implementation levels.
- Ability to deliver solid results within a software engineering environment, particularly with respect to personal ownership, accountability and meeting business goals and personal metrics.
- U.S. Citizen / Green Card required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field, AND
- At least five years of experience with computing platforms, network technologies, and cloud-based systems and services OR
- Relevant combination of education and experience.
Send us your resumé and please be sure to mention the position you’re applying for in the subject line.