SENIOR QA AUTOMATION Engineer
The Senior QA Automation Engineer is responsible for creating automations to test the various applications designed and developed by our engineering teams. You are an engineer who firmly believes that quality is everyone’s responsibility. You enjoy finding vulnerabilities and bugs in existing code, and you’re capable of working with a team to fix those issues for good. You’ll help to define the process for preventing future issues and measuring confidence in code releases. You’ll expand our automated testing infrastructure and guide other engineers to write automated tests and follow better testing practices. You are the last line of defense to ensure high quality output, and responsible for the last sign off before production release.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Design and develop automated solutions across several services and systems in a cross-functional, agile environment.
- Implement reporting procedures to effectively track test coverage for both manual and automated tests.
- Identify, evaluate, and manage the documentation and deliverables required for each product to be tested.
- Partner with product owners and developers to identify areas for improved efficiencies.
- Develop and implement manual and automated test plans and procedures to accurately test the application code, functions, modules and systems to successfully meet the intended business / user requirements.
- Develop and utilize test data sets that support the implementation of test plans and procedures as necessary.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development, delivery and support to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions, to include providing QA release LOEs.
- Be able to clearly communicate complex technical designs and solutions in clear, concise and easily readable format by both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to- day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project task, activity, documentation, and time information.
- Accurately assess the risks associated with each solution design / project.
- Be able to travel as necessary.
- Perform additional job-related duties as requested.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Direct experience working with RESTful APIs.
- Extensive experience building integration test frameworks.
- Experience in automating build processes, application deployments and continuous integration systems like Jenkins.
- Demonstrated leadership / attention to detail skills through prior experience at the tactical / implementation levels.
- Ability to coach, mentor and train personnel (i.e. test engineers) within a technical organization.
- Ability to learn new skills (technical, operational & interpersonal) throughout previous, current and new roles.
- Demonstrated attention to detail skills through prior experience at the tactical / implementation levels.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solid results within a software engineering environment, particularly with respect to personal ownership, accountability and meeting business goals and personal metrics.
- Working knowledge of application design and development processes, methodologies and standards.
- Advanced automated script design, coding, debugging and maintenance skills.
- Experience with software interaction with databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server and / or Oracle.
- Demonstrated leadership/attention to detail skills through prior experience at the tactical/implementation levels.
Send us your resumé and please be sure to mention the position you’re applying for in the subject line.