Senior Automation Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated, client centric, engineering team oriented, Software Automation Engineer is responsible for creating automation to test the various applications that have been designed and developed by our engineering teams. You are an engineer who firmly believes that quality is everyone’s responsibility. You enjoy finding vulnerabilities and bugs in existing code, and you’re capable of working with a team to fix those issues for good. You’ll help to define the process for preventing future issues and measuring confidence in code releases. You’ll expand our automated testing infrastructure and guide other engineers to write automated tests and follow better testing practices.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Design and develop automated solutions across several services and systems in a cross-functional, agile environment.
- Implement reporting procedures to effectively track test coverage for automated tests.
- Identify, evaluate, and manage the documentation and deliverables required for each product to be tested.
- Design, develop and implement automation frameworks to increase test coverage through automation best practices.
- Develop and utilize test data sets that support the implementation of test plans and procedures as necessary.
- Be able to clearly communicate complex technical designs and solutions in clear, concise and easily readable format by both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to- day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project task, activity, documentation, and time information.
- Accurately assess the risks associated with each solution design / project.
- Perform additional job-related duties as requested.
This is the experience we “believe” you will need, or at least will be helpful, for you to succeed in this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field, AND/OR
- A minimum of 5 (five) years of experience in software development testing including at least 3 (three) years of hands on automation development
- Relevant combination of education and experience.
Here is the work required that we have seen will lead to your success:
- Experience with Protractor, Selenium or other UI automation tools.
- Direct experience working with RESTful APIs.
- Linux terminal experience – CentOS / RHEL preferred
- Extensive experience building integration test frameworks.
- Experience in automating build processes, application deployments and continuous integration systems like Jenkins.
- Working knowledge of application design and development processes, methodologies and standards.
- Advanced automated script design, coding, debugging and maintenance skills.
- Experience with software interaction with databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server and / or Oracle.
- Demonstrated leadership / attention to detail skills through prior experience at the tactical / implementation levels.
- Ability to coach, mentor and train personnel (i.e. test engineers) within a technical organization.
- Ability to learn new skills (technical, operational & interpersonal) throughout previous, current and new roles.
- Demonstrated attention to detail skills through prior experience at the tactical / implementation levels.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solid results within a software engineering environment, particularly with respect to personal ownership, accountability and meeting business goals and personal metrics.
- Excellent communications skills.
Send us the link to your LinkedIn profile and resume and explain to us why you think you should be considered for this job – email@example.com. Be sure to include the job you are applying for.